This post is about the Songs that I loved as a Child. These may not be the best songs but growing up I loved these songs very much.
I mean from the age of 3 till 14-15 (there was not a term called “teenage” that time ..it was just an ‘extended childhood’). I became more choosy after that.
But I still love these songs, for whatever reasons; I loved them. They cant be removed ever from memory. I am sure everyone has such songs! I will only quote till I became 14-15 and some songs may not be good – but I loved them when I was a kid.
The below list is not in chronological order, but I tried to keep it that way…I mean when I was growing up.
1) My father used to play this on the simple tape-recorder we had. This is the oldest memory of mine – of loving a song !
2) Amitabh song from Khuddar
The sheer fantasy of a car flying and Amitabh on top of it was giving me goosebumps! (still does)
The car talks by moving its bonet and horn…especially from 3:30 when Amitabh says “Has meri raani” and car responds to him after that!
3) Another Amitabh song, which all kids loved that time.
4) Julie Julie..johnny ka dil tujhpe aaya Julie…
Heard it lots of times on loudspeakers near the slum near my house area. Mithun was called “garibon ka amitabh” that time. I saw many street kids in Solapur dancing like him during that time 🙂
The starting line “humko meni nahi mangta..humko leni nahi mangta” was the hookup line… and “humko cyclewala michael nahi mangta” was fantastic.
5) Shammi Kapoor dancing on the Govinda song (Gokulashtami). (Again – this one is repeat viewing later on in 80s and listening songs on the old tape-recorder)
6) Namak Halaal song.
7) Sadma song. I liked this very much I saw back then it 80s.
8) 1988 – Govinda song. I was almost 12 by then.
9) And then I saw Thaanedar and QSQT – both nearly 8 times in a row in 1989 in a small town. I loved both the movies. I loved Aamir as he was very different than those times macho/trying hard to be a macho like amitabh etc (anil, jackie etc). heroes
10) 1989 / 90 – i Did not like this movie but loved its songs. I was 14 by then. Liked Salman very much in this. (but later on got pissed off due to ppl comparing him with Aamir a year later or so 😛 )
11) I dont know why, but I saw this song around same time 1989/90 when MPK released. And I was humming this for many months ! And friends made fun of me for that (such a old song etc etc! ) Now when I think, it was back to circle 1 – asli naqli film song which I loved as a 2-3 yrs old.
PS: I saw many of Dharmendra/Jeetendra/Mithun/Anil/Sunny/Sridevi movies by then. But I found Anil and Sridevi quite irritating and though I heard their songs of Himmatwala/Mr India/Teezab quite often on loudspeakers (I was forced to) I did not have quite a liking towards them due to the lead actors.Tags: Aamir Khan Amitabh Bachchan Dev Anand Exclusive Mithun Shammi Kapoor