This is the first in my series of “MY Issues with XYZ star”. I will be highlighting my issues with each star/actor in this series. So it goes without saying that it will have 90% negative opinion 😉 So fans of each star beware!
1) He is a legacy star (son of a big star) and just like them, is immune to flops. For such stars, the hits take you up while the flops don’t take you down. Something that Abhishek Bachchan too enjoyed for years. He proved that even legacy stardom has a maturity date 😀
2) Barring rocket singh, he has almost acted in the same way in all films. From Saawariya to YJHD,he seems to be playing the same character in different films. in his acclaimed(?) film Barfi he was APKGK in mute. Also somehow all his films are “prestige” films. if not YJHD then Besharam!
3) He has no solo blockbuster. he has been in the industry for more than half a decade and has barely two clean hits – APKGK and Barfi both of which are mostly plex hits. on what basis is he being hailed as the biggest young upcoming star?In the same period, Imran Khan has 3 clean hits.
4) He looks like Neetu Kapoor. He has a very girlish face which can best suit the likes of BAH and YJHD. With such a face and physique one cannot take him seriously in action roles or masala films. With new manly looking upcoming guys like arjun kapoor and action specialists like Vidyut Jamwal and Tiger Shroff, scope for improvement is just too big for him.
5) He is a good substitute star to support.He is not harmful enough to challenge the BO records like say Salman and he also does “different” cinema even if by lack of choice. He provides some good “fodder” to blabber about when your actual favorite is not doing well. you come across as an admirer of ‘young’ talent as well as a star who is doing something “different” in masala age.I think Ranbir too has no complaints 😉Tags: Ajab Prem ki Ghazab Kahani Barfi Besharam Ranbir Kapoor Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year Rockstar Ye Jawani Hai Deewani