This is the second in my series of “My Issues with XYZ star”. The first one is here. I will be highlighting my issues with each star/actor as usual
1) Hrithik’s biggest issue probably is he has a unique record of having done only 18 films at the age of 39 years. I am not sure of any other actor having such low number of films when you are nearing past your expiry date as a star. No other star had such low number of films at almost 40.
2) The failure after KNPH paralyzed him mentally to such an extent that he has never quite recovered from. He has a paranoia that if he does 2 or more films in a year, he will again go back to that post-KNPH phase. This makes him overwork in a film for prolonged periods of time which doesn’t necessarily result in a better film. It seems to have just become a means for him to delude himself that he is not working “hastily”.
3) Like Aamir, his role model, he thinks all his films push the boundaries in cinema. So he will praise a Krrish and Jodha Akbar or a Kites all in equal measure.He will call them soulful, divine journey etc. 😉
4) He doesn’t have a single film that could be argued as an all time great or path breaking. Some ppl argue he has done a ZNMD, JA or an AP. May be good films for the time they came in but none of them are truly good or path breaking. Then what is the superiority attitude about?
5) In his mind, he thinks he is the greatest actor in the world and can nail any role, when truth is there are only a handful of roles which he is able to carry off, like most of his contemporaries, who also are in delusion that they can pull off any role. From what I have seen, his act works when he is not trying to show off that he can act, where is subtle and speaks less (ZNMD/AP). He thinks he was great in Guzaarish but that OTT role is just not cut out for him.
6) He thinks he is the greatest dancer in India but he doesn’t have the mind of a dancer. Let truth be told he is probably the best dancer in BW but certainly not in India. Most of the times, especially off-screen, I have seen him doing only steps that he has done previously in his films. He is not able to innovate and think like professional dancers. Also his dancing seems largely inspired from MJ. The world has moved on from MJ. A lot of aerial and ground techniques have been incorporated ( B-boying, capoeira, parkour moves etc) in modern dancing and Hrithik’s moves, though good, are not at all comparable to what kids and youth do in even Indian dance shows, let alone the International ones.Tags: Agneepath Exclusive Hrithik Roshan Krrish Krrish 3 Rakesh Roshan Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara